Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Are Ketogenic Diets The Holy Grail Of Bodybuilding?

I need help! For the last two years, I have been dieting on a low-carb diet (ketogenic). I must admit it does take the fat off very fast. And I love the fact that I'm never really hungry. And even more so, my wife loves the fact that I don't have mood swings. The problem I have is that my muscles never seem to regain their fullness when I try to reload the last couple of days before the show no matter how much carb I add back in. I always end up looking flat and small. And when my muscles aren't full, it looks like I'm out of shape— no matter how many carbs I add back into my diet. I don't know if this type of diet is good for me, since I have a naturally fast metabolism. I noticed all the guys you work with have very full, round muscles that really push against the skin, giving them that “pop” and wow factor. Do you think since I'm a guy who gets lean very fast, I should stick to this type of dieting? The times I looked my best were when I was on the more traditional diets high in protein, low in fat. And I would rotate my carb intake with low, medium and high days, but I hated the fact that I was always hungry and moody. I would appreciate any advice you could give me.


I have been getting a tremendous amount of calls and e-mails lately with questions from bodybuilders who have been having similar experiences with ketogenic diets. The ketogenic diet’s comeback is simply proof that bodybuilding is cyclical. Way back in the 1960s, the stars of that day would subsist on protein only in preparing for contests. In the early 1990s, Dr. Mauro DiPasquale put all the WBF athletes on his anabolic diet, which was high protein and high fat, with minimal carbs. In 1996, the late Dan Duchaine released his best-selling book Underground BodyOpus: Militant Weight Loss & Recomposition, which had a huge impact on competitive bodybuilders and their diet.......

Finish reading this article here at Worldclassbodybuilding.com/forums/bodybuilding



____________________________________________________________________________

Don't miss this